Sunday, December 9, 2012

Get Caught Under the Mistletoe


Close up of my Historical Christmas Short Story Cover

Hey, it's Christmas time.
My most absolute favorite types of stories to read are Christmas themed  Romances. I start Thanksgiving weekend and go straight on through to New Years, reading perennial favorites and picking up new books each year to add to my collection.  I absolutely love the old Regency Christmas stories, with the manor house, the snow, the Christmas ball, the sleigh rides and that special scene where the hero and heroine inevitably end up kissing under the mistletoe.




The most romantic element of the Christmas season is the mistletoe kissing. We've forgotten all about that magical little plant that used to be hung in doorways in an earlier era, an excuse for stealing a kiss.
But Christmas Romance is special even in this era. While I prefer historical romance most of the year, during this time I widen my horizons by reading contemporary romances as well. So, for the coming weeks I'm going to be sharing some of my all time favorites with you. 

This time, I'd like to feature an author who has delivered for me every time, and I can say that because I have read many of her books in the past few years. So if you are looking for a great contemporary Christmas series romance, my top pick is the series called Mistletoe Rules, by Stacey Joy Netzel. I have had this series for a few years in print form. Isn't this cover lovely? I will treasure it for years to come.

2009 Print Copy Cover

I'm happy to say that Ms. Netzel recently published the series in ebook form as short stories you can buy individually. They are listed as part of her new Romancing Wisconsin imprint as holiday stories. You won't want to miss this series as they bring the magic of the Christmas season to life in contemporary times. Each story is a stand alone, but they tie in together as each story is about one of three Riley siblings. And you can't miss meeting Santa Butch! He appears in all three stories, starting in the summer as he appears in Hawaiian Santa mode. With each couple, he has gives a little help when things go awry.

And with Ms. Netzel's generosity, there is no reason to miss this series as she's giving away the first story free!  I love finding authors with heart, and authors who really want to treat readers and give them a satisfying romantic read. Ms. Netzel does both. I think she might be related to Santa, or at least Santa Butch.  ;)

Mistletoe Rules:  Christmas recipe for love—combine a matchmaking Santa, lots of mistletoe, one iron-clad rule, fated hearts; mix and stir. The Riley siblings don't stand a chance.

 Mistletoe Mischief, the first story in the series, is Free on Amazon.

Christmas in July at the zoo is the last place single parents Eric Riley and Marissa Wilder expect to find love. Thanks to some mistletoe mischief in the form of their two young daughters and Santa, they discover mistletoe rules were not made to be broken.
Mistletoe Mischief on Amazon



MISTLETOE MAGIC is book two in the series
This  one was my favorite, as it featured a woman running an animal refuge!
Major Mark Riley plays Court Jester to Janelle Walsh's Snow Queen at the Christmas Parade and is instantly captivated by the cute redhead whose grandpa just happens to be Santa. When Mark learns she's the tenant he evicted from his newly purchased property, it's going to take a little bit of Santa's mistletoe magic to save their romance.
 Mistletoe Magic on Amazon

 Mistletoe Match-up is the third book of the series

When Lisa Riley comes home for her brother Mark's Christmas Eve wedding, her high school rivalry with his wife Janelle's cousin, Derek Walsh, picks up right where it left off, only this time Derek has the upper hand. Santa bides his time as they battle it out because he's waited a whole year for this mistletoe match-up.

Mistletoe Match-up on Amazon


So, go ahead, treat yourself to a wonderful short Christmas anthology that's sure to become on of your annual favorites.

If you want to buy the new boxed set, check the link here. Romancing Wisconsin Holiday Pack
 Stacey has added a fourth short in the boxed set, so it's an awesome deal, even if you are not on Santa's  "NICE" list!

Stop in later this week when I'll be sharing my favorite historical romance Christmas stories.

3 comments:

christina said...

Great Post Lily. We don't have any mistletoe in our house. maybe we shoud get some.

Stacey Joy Netzel said...

Lily, thanks so much for sharing my books with your readers!

I look forward to reading Christmas at Ravencrest. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you


somebody love

Post a Comment